Friday, July 23, 2010

an inspiration to many

an inspiration to many, but a 'failure' to one. so many look up to me while i frown upon myself. i'm never good enough for myself while my advice is good enough to get folks up and out of their seat, the irony huh?
the optimism i offer most seems to hide from shame when I need a little bit of it for myself.

but where did this all come from? why won't it go away? when will i be 'ready' to accept ALL of my good?...

limbo has become second nature to me but no matter how much i pray , cry and affirm, i always seem to come back right here, to a cozy corner in the living room of life with my cozy armchair, my fuzzy socks and my warm blanket, too afraid to brave the cold that awaits us all in the world.

maybe one day i'll garner up enough courage to start and finish my proposal, or take that one last set of exams. or maybe i'll even be brave enough to stand in front of a class, not an academic one, but a yoga one, and TEACH! who knows if i can even surrender and accept ALL of the love i receive from my mami, sister, friends and my partner. but for now i'll keep 'fighting' and worrying and reminding myself that it's never enough, i'm lazy and will not meet the deadline. i'll stay in fuzzy socks, even if it's 99 degrees out, who cares? =p

from my soul to yours
ache

1 comment:

  1. You are where you need to be right now hermana!! Trust me, I know how you are feeling. I know exactly what you are feeling!! I allow my fears to paralyze me. So much so that I am sometimes am consumed by my fears and not focused on my dreams/wishes/desires.

    I prefer to stay in the comfort of my home. A hermit, abstainer...living in self-denial. but we know that God has a bigger plan for us. We ARE destined for greatness. if you wanna teach that yoga class.. what will you do to get there?

    Trust me, i think more about teaching, practicing and living yoga 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Pero el miedo me tiene..... I know, my dear sis, trust me..

    i am always inspired by you. and i think we are usually are toughest critics. i find myself being so friggin hard on me. and i try my best to just be a little more kind, be a little more gentle, and be a little more loving. we are worthy of that... simply love.

    thx for ur continued courage.

    love u tons,

    ReplyDelete