Thursday, April 26, 2012

“You were born with potential
You were born with goodness and trust
You were born with ideals and dreams
You were born with greatness
You were born with wings
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t
You have wings Learn to use them and fly!”
 - Rumi, 13th Century Sufi Mystic.

 I write this entry from my warm, dark, partially Universe-demanded, partially self-imposed cocoon: greetings! I guess me unconsious desire to fly and stop crawling was strong enough that the creator heard my prayers and gently turned my life seemingly upside down before placing me in this here womb-like environment. I wasn't meant to crawl and I knew it, as you know it, but for whatever reason I didn't think I deserved to fly. As I crawled the floor was getting warmer, that was the universe sending me cues but I was too 'busy' to stop and listen. Busy acquiring all the 'stuff' I thought I needed to make me happy (all of which were outside of me); when all I needed to do was stop, shut up and listen to that still voice within. The floor got warmer and warmer but Migue kept crawling instead of heeding (the universe NEVER ask us to stop living in verbs, we just need to be wise and choose which ones we'll do). The floor got so hot that I had an option: keep crawling and burn or surrender and let the transformation occur. So here I am in my cocoon: afraid, nervous but excited and ready. More to come, in the meantime enjoy this piece, part of the soundtrack of my life lately. Ache Transformation, by Lawrence Flowers and Intercession

No comments:

Post a Comment